We hope that everyone is staying safe and well in the current circumstances.
We’re sure that this will come as no great surprise, but we’re sadly going to have to cancel this year’s festival. Because we wanted to be absolutely sure before making such a big, impactful decision, we waited as long as we thought we could to make the final call in order to gauge what July was going to look like, but every day it has become clearer that it’s not going to be suitable or appropriate to run it this year. Even if covid-19 is under control by then, the other knock-on effects of the outbreak and the lockdown (especially some people’s jobs and finances) are clearly going to be ongoing for some time after July, and that’s not the type of climate we want or could even logistically work with for what is supposed to be a very special festival, ie our 5th year.
It is our plan to run the festival next year at the same time with the same teachers, bands, venues, etc we had booked for this year. All the teachers and bands are already on board so that’s a great start. So the new dates will be 2nd-5th July 2021. The dates on this event page have been updated and the updated banner will follow shortly.
At this time, we would like to offer those who have already booked tickets for this year two options: 1. A credit to use against next year’s festival (we won’t be raising the price so it would just be a straight credit and this would also cover any extras you booked like the Monday Bonus Day and merchandise) or 2. A refund.
If you are able to take option 1, that would be appreciated. However, we understand if you need to take option 2, especially in the current climate. If you do choose option 2, please be patient with us as this may take a little time if there are a lot of refund requests. That said, if you request a refund and have not received it with 14 days of making the request, please feel free to follow up with us at that time. To request your refund, please email us at email@example.com. If we do not receive a refund request from you, we will update your ticket status to a credit towards next year’s festival.
Thank you for your understanding during this crazy time and we’re so looking forward to things getting back to a place where we can actually dance with y’all again!
Carla & Stuart and the GSF Team
5 levels of Collegiate Shag
6 hours of core classes plus 2 hours of taster/themed classes
New for 2020 - Invitational Level
4 Parties featuring 4 live bands
Competitions with amazing prizes
Optional Monday Bonus Day